Hello friends, In this article today I will discuss you basic rule for design of column lets get start.
Basic rule for Design of column
First of all the size of the columns depends on the total load on the columns.
1: Minimum size of an RCC column should not be less than 9”x 9” (225mm x 225mm) with 4 bars of 12mm Fe500 Steel.
2: Use Minimum M20 Grade concrete in rcc column (ratio 1 part Cement : 1.5 parts Sand : 3 parts Aggregate with 0.5 parts water by volume)
3: With thumb rule a column span of up to 5 meters is quite safe.
4: Column longitudinal bars should not be less than 12mm and also its should be not more than 50mm by thumb rule.
5: For using steel in column the cross-sectional area of longitudinal steel in a column shall not be less than 0.8 and also its should be not more than 6% of the gross-sectional area of the column.
6: I recommend use of 8mm stirrups at a distance of 150mm center to center throughout the length of column.
for more details watch the given video
- Standard Size for Bedroom ,Master room , Living room, Kitchen, Bathroom
- How to find depth of Foundation for building?
- Best info about Bathroom Size and Space arrangement
- How to Calculate Quantity of Concrete | Cement , Sand and Aggregate |
- 12 Important Points for Civil Site Engineers to Remember at Site
Copy of : http://civilstudents.com/